Monday, May 14, 2012

Mass, Mother's Day and IPads

Last night, for Mother's Day, I went to Mass at the Basilica of Mary, Queen of the Universe. I am always happy when I go to Mass there. People from all over the world take time from their Disney vacations to spend a little time in prayer. When I first arrived I didn't think many people would be there. It was about 5 minutes before six and there were only a scattered few in the pews. But as the bell rang the pews suddenly filled. The 2,000 seat church was filled within a few minutes.

So as I sat there in prayer on this Mother's Day. I thought about my successes and failings as a mother. As I watched the families with small children I wondered if those mothers would feel the same way in 15 years. My own children are almost grown and I don't know if I did enough. I can only hope and pray and trust that my now adult children are on the right path.

Here I will share some of my stories and I hope you share yours too. But before I leave I will give one piece of advice to the mother of the child with the Ipad. For one hour a week it might be a good idea to put the Ipad away. He will learn to sit still, trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment